Flexinnovations Aura 8: Nouveau 3-Axis Gyro

Particularly interesting is the "Quick Trim" procedure that allows you to store on the gyro the trimming of the model made during the first flight test. The procedure must be performed before using the gyroscope. Once you activated the gyroscope no longer needs to intervene on trim or subtrim. Here, briefly, the procedure to follow. The first trimming procedure must take place with subtrim to zero.

1. Fly the airplane in manual (gyro o) mode. Trim the aircraft with the transmitter
and land. Do not change fl*ight modes.
2. Power o the Aura. Insert a bind plug into Aura Port S3. Check the transmitter is
on and repower the Aura.
3. Wait 5 seconds for the Aura to completely initialize. Confi‑rm Quick Trim mode is
active by checking the Blue LED is slowly *flashing.
4. Remove the bind plug from Aura Port S3. Removing the bind plug stores the
current trims in the Aura. The Blue LED will *ash quickly after control surface trim
values are stored. While the trim values are stored in Aura, they are not applied to
the control surface until the Aura is repowered.
5. Remove power from the Aura and center all control surface trims on the
transmitter.
6. Repower the Aura. The control surfaces should be unchanged even though the
trim has been centered on the Transmitter. Switch between other Flight Modes to
ensure you do not see any changes in trim.

These days I have dedicated myself to the programming software of this 3-axis gyroscope, Aura 8. The "Aura config tool", (download free from the Flexinnovations) is really powerful, and if at first glance it may seem difficult to understand , trying to program the gyro it turns out that with patience you will get good results.
I would like to point one interesting aspect: with Aura 8 you can use a number of output channels as additional channels of Rx. I mean.
I state that I use the Jeti Duplex System 2.4 and that thanks to the availability of Michele Moschetta that a few months is the authorized dealer Jeti with the company MMD JetiItalia, I was able to deepen the knowledge of this remarkable system. I connected the Aura 8 to my receiver Jeti REX7 through port "B" of the gyro and the receiver output 7 with the protocol Jeti UDI interface (almost like an S-Bus Futaba) .To do this you need, however, access the parameters of Rx via the menu "Device Explorer" of the Jeti TX (I have the DS-16) and set the output Pin 7 (physical channel 7) not as a "servant" but "Serial UDI" (12 or 16 is irrelevant). In doing so not only can you connect the gyroscope (or other devices) via a single cable, but you can take advantage of as many as 16 output channels: 7 in the pin of Rx and others 9 virtual (total 16...). It 'simply assign the functions and the assignment to serve on Tx find them on the device (in my case the Aura 8). in doing so I was able to enjoy a total of 11 channels in my Rx 7 channels ... And all works fine!